1. my huge custom cutting table/cart - kyle and i built this out of mdf board. we bought baskets from the local hardware store & made little ledges for them to slide in & out of. i sewed little basket liners on them so my stuff wouldn't fall out the holes...and it looks cute! also, hiding behind the curtain is a space large enough for fabric bolts to stand up! the cart is on huge casters so i can move it out to the middle of the room. when i am not using this for it's intended purpose of cutting fabric, bar stools get pulled up and a few adult beverages are consumed while an intense game of dice is played :)
2. my pink toolbox - this is one of my favorites just because it is pink! but really, who knew that a tool box would be built perfectly for sewing supplies?!? the top drawer is perfect to lay down you thread spools so you can easily grab the color/weight you need (and yes, i do keep it organized by color), there is a drawer the perfect size to place rick-rac & binding packages perfectly on end, the bottom drawer is coincidentally the perfect sized to file patterns in. i also have a drawer for my scissors, rulers, presser feet, etc. and one for my elastic, velcro, and other closures. i think whoever invented the first "tool box" might have been thinking about us sewers on this one!
3. my custom counter top & cupboards - this is the only thing in the room that we didn't do or make ourselves, and i am glad i hired it out! the cabinet company did an amazing job of fitting these cupboards to our walls & making them look great! i have HUGE, DEEP cupboards to fill with fabric, fiberfill, buttons & other fun crafting stuff! the counter is huge and the corner space is perfect for all of my sewing machines to switch back & forth with plenty of room on the left side for big fabric projects to fit.
as for the rest of the family & friends:
4. grandma & grandpa's Holiday Haven Resort coke cooler - this is my prized possession given to me by my grandparents. when they closed the store portion of their resort somehow they got to keep this gem! somehow by shear luck (or i really am the favorite) they gave it to me for christmas! it is in running condition and just like in the 70's when it was in their store it still keeps the "coldest beer in the midwest"!
5. the multicade - i got this sweet little table-top video game for the kids (young & old) for christmas this year. with over 60 retro video games to choose from it keeps us all entertained!